Monday, January 3, 2011
Just a few highlights from this past year:
1. Spending time in China over the winter
2. Designing and launching the new kittenpawsvintage.com website
3. Starting this blog (woot!)
4. Spending the summer in NYC making new friends, creating art, and growing deeper in my relationship with Christ
5. Having art on display in a gallery in NYC (!!)
6. Getting my boyfriend back after a year of him being in China :D
7. Doing design and photography work for some incredible clients
8. Having artwork at galleries in downtown phoenix for first fridays first in May for a Spraygraphic group show at the Phoenician Association, then in June at Fractal and finally in November at DayTwelve
9. Having an interview in the Phoenix New Times and being named one of Phoenix's top creatives!
10. Being featured on weardrobe and chictopia
11. Launching a mens line for KittenPawsVintage
12. Meeting some new incredible friends
Plans/Hopes/Dreams for 2011
1. SCREEN PRINTING: I just started a freelance design job with a company that does screen printing among other things which means I get access to their equipment and I hope to start doing my own screen printing and design and print a small line of adorable tees. Soooo excited about this!
2. MARKETING: This year I'd really like to grow KittenPaws doing more advertising and interacting with other small businesses locally and through the interwebs
3. ILLUSTRATION: I just started a daily illustration project I'm super excited about. My drawing skills are so rusty so this project will be really good for me.
4. TRAVEL: Last year I took two big trips that left me out of state and country for almost half of the year. This year I don't have any big trips planned but I'd really like to visit some friends that have moved away to LA, Portland, and NYC
5. REDEMPTION CHURCH: My church, Praxis has merged with another church to become Redemption Church, super excited about this and can't wait to see how the community comes together
6. WEB DESIGN: I've been doing more web design lately which I love. I already have a couple of super amazing clients that I am so excited to continue to work with
7. PHOTOGRAPHY: I hope to work on some more conceptual photo projects as well as continue doing fashion and portrait work
8. YOGA: I want to get into yoga. When I was in college I took a few dance and theater classes and yoga was an important part of many of our warm up excercises. I really enjoyed this time and would love to do something physically challenging again.
9. COACHELLA: Hopefully going to Coachella for the first time EVER!!!
10. FASHION FOCUS: I hope to make this blog a little bit more fashion focused including more inspiration posts and what I wore posts :)