nav photo Blog-Nav.jpg

Monday, August 29, 2011

Reflections


One of my absolute favorite things to do in life is take photos of people. I went to school for graphic design which I also enjoy very much but there's something about photography that I really connect with more than anything. I've taken a total of about 3 photography classes so I have a little bit of training but most of my knowledge as a photographer has just been from going and trying new things. I've been pretty specific about my preferred process - natural lighting and film. I've had a pretty good Digital SLR for a couple of years but most of the photos I've really cared about have been done in film up until recently. As I've gotten a little bit more serious about taking photos and have started taking on more commissioned jobs I've learned that I won't always be able to work in my preferred process or the most perfect lighting conditions and I really need to be constantly be learning and trying new things.

One new thing I've been doing a bit more of lately is using an external flash. I bought it about 3 years ago for my 35mm camera but didn't end up using it until recently when a friend probably in about 15 minutes showed me how to use it. I don't know why I was so intimidated for so long by the flash but I was. Anyways the last month I've been having a bit too much fun trying to learn how to best use it (as displayed in my previous post from the 80s party where I took a total of 500 photos in one evening, oh geez!!)

Today I was planning to do some outfit photos outside in the 115 degree weather, but then I got smart and decided to use my DSLR +Flash, in my kitchen. Seriously such a genius idea!! Seriously. I'm still a total rookie with this indoor stuff but I'm excited to constantly be learning new things and can't wait to see how my process as a photographer continues to grow and evolve. Anyways just a little bit of reflection and a few photos from the day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment